Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is used to add a second stage of security to your Bullex account as it enables a second authentication method for logging in, in addition to your username and password. This layer of protection is very beneficial when enabled because it prevents attackers from gaining access to your account as they not only need the username and password, but must also be in possession of your 2FA code to log in to your account.
Please take the following steps to activate 2FA for your Bullex account:
- If you don't have this app yet on your mobile phone, download Google Authenticator from the Apple Store or the Google Play store.
- Login to your Bullex account.
- On top of the Dashboard page we will show you a message asking you to enable 2FA. Please click this message. Otherwise you can click on your email address displayed in the top right of any Bullex webpage and select 'Settings'. To the right of this 'Settings' page you can choose to 'Manage' your 2FA.
- Now make sure the Google Authenticator app is activated. In the app click on the '+' sign to add a new account. You can select the option to scan a code. This will activate the camera of your mobile phone. Please scan the QR code on the Bullex website with your camera.
- The Google Authenticator will now display the first security code for your Bullex account. As you can see this security code is updated every 30 seconds. When the code is displayed in a red font it has almost expired, it is therefore best to wait for the next code to appear in such a case.
- On the website, click the red 'enable' button and enter the security code provided by the Google Authenticator app you have.
Security Tip: We advise you to keep the mobile phone that you use for 2FA, separate from your username and password, as storing this information together would provide an attacker all the information needed to access your account. We also would strongly advise you to protect your mobile phone with biometric authentication like your fingerprint.
If the mobile phone that you use for 2FA has been lost or stolen, your account is at risk of being compromised, especially if your email account can be accessed from that device. If you lose this device, you should immediately contact the Bullex Support team at email@example.com or by opening a support ticket in the Support section of the Bullex website, to have your account temporarily disabled.